TEHRAN (Tasnim) - Venezuelan authorities said 17 people have been arrested and charged in the coup attempt on April 30.
- Other Media news -
A total of 34 people are being investigated for the failed coup d';etat, said Venezuela';s Prosecutor General Tarek William Saab when he presented a review of Public Ministry';s actions from January to May.
He praised the ministry';s leading role in maintaining 'democratic stability and preserve peace.'
Saab previously said that the coup was stirred by opposition leaders Leopoldo Lopez and Juan Guaido while backed by renegade soldiers, Xinhua news agency reported.
In the case of a failed assassination attempt against President Nicolas Maduro in August 2018, 38 people have been charged and 31 of them have been imprisoned, said Saab.
He noted that some of the accused are not in the country and urged Colombia and the United States to turn over Venezuelans who were under investigation.